July 17, 2015

#Interview with @RavenMcAllan

A huge welcome to the lovely Raven McAllan, today’s guest on Maya’s Musings. I have had the honor of promoting several of Raven’s books on this blog, but this is our first Q&A. Thank you for agreeing to this interview, Raven.

You're welcome, thanks for asking me. I've brought gluten free shortbread and shhh, a wee dram of whisky (no E it's Scotch)

Q: Tell us something about yourself and how you got into writing?
A: Well let me see. I'm a bus pass toting granny who refuses to grow old gracefully. I live in Scotland the land of kilts and midges. I love the first and hate the second. Dh and live on the edge of a forest in a house much too big for us, and I write overlooking the garden and the lane. I frequently have to tell tourists that I am not the local bed and breakfast. (It's around the corner) If I'm in the middle of a tricky bit of a book, I growl at them.

Q: How long have you been writing?
A: Only four years since my first book was accepted and I guess I wrote it a few months earlier. I'm gobsmacked to be honest. But I loved writing as a child until I was told at high school to be factual. It took…oh only 40 odd years to get the muse back.

Q: What is your creative process?
A: Um… Do I have one? I sit and write, that's it. I prefer to look out of the window, but I can and do write anywhere.

Q: Where do you find inspiration?
A: I have absolutely no idea. My muse just hits me and I go with the flow. Sorry if that sounds silly, but it's what happens. Mind you I tell my husband I need to travel for inspiration. Wink

Q: Who is your favorite character (from your books) and why?
A: I could say whoever I'm writing about at the time, because I pay them so much attention. But, I love Caden and Anna from Master (Evernight Publishing), because I despaired they would ever solve their differences and boy did they make me work hard. And Ben and Clarissa from The Scandalous Proposal of Lord Bennett, which is out from Carina on September 4th, because it’s a real Regency romp and their banter made me laugh. And yes I have to add Braam and Debra from Hong Kong Heat. I love HK and the heroine was named after a girlfriend.

Q: Do you prefer coffee or tea?
A: It depends on the time of day. Tea (weak let the tea see the cup and no more,) and black first thing, then coffee until the afternoon and then tea again.

Q: What’s better than chocolate?
A: Champagne, preferable with chocolate. I bet you thought I'd say sex, didn't you? But you can have champagne in more places…. Oh yes you can, believe me.

Q: If you believed in this sort of thing and could channel an artist from the beyond, who would it be and why?
A: er…. Degas because his pictures are so heartfelt.

Q: What are your plans for the future? Where do you see yourself in five years?
A: Alive I hope.

Q: Any advice for those aspiring novelists out there?
A: Write as you can, not as you think you should. Don't give up, and grow a thick skin because by god you'll need one.



 My web, where you can find all you need to know about me, is www.ravenmcallan.com  




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting me over. I loved the questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the visit... Your answers were brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete