June 19, 2015

Author Interview with @_SallyannP

Today I have the privilege of interviewing Sallyann Phillips, the imaginative author of the Angel's Blood series. Thanks for joining me today, Sallyann.


Q: Tell us something about yourself and how you got into writing?
A: I’m married, and have two grown up children. They all got together a little over 2 years ago and bought me my first lap top, with instructions to write the book I’d been talking about. I think I may have driven them crazy with my ideas.

Q: How long have you been writing?
A: Just over 2 years

Q: What inspired you to write the Angels Blood book series?
A: I love the werewolf/vampire genre, but wanted to read something with a strong female lead, and I’ve had a recurring dream about a wolf from childhood. Angel’s Blood is a mix of the two.

Q: Who is your favorite character (from your books) and why?
A: It has to be Tavi, my main character. She may not have the social graces, or understand the Pack mentality, but the girl sure can fight. She doesn’t need a man to do her fighting for her, she needs one to stop her disposing of everyone she deems guilty.

Q: Are future books planned in the series?
A: There are. The second is already published, Hybrid Justice, and the third has already been started.

Q: Any advice for those aspiring novelists out there?
A: Never give up, and don’t write to get rich. Write because it makes you happy, even if you never put it out there for the world to see. I know there have been instances where someone has been picked up and been the next best seller, but for every one of those, there are a million others that don’t, though that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t keep trying.

My website is – www.angelsblood.co.uk



Or you can find me on twitter here - @_SallyannP 


Thanks, Sallyann, for visiting Maya's Musings! Good luck with your Angel's Blood books and your future projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment