December 24, 2014

My Dream Hunter Come True...

This has been a whirlwind week... Christmas, writing stuff, Christmas again, work... I thought working full time or even looking for a job was time consuming... Promoting a book is a full time job!!!

I'm venturing into unchartered territory with this one as I'm soon to be a newly published author as of December 30th! :) This week, my publisher, Just Ink Press, posted my character interview http://justinkpress.com/2014/12/character-interview-gabe-hunter-from-dream-hunter/ and my author interview http://justinkpress.com/2014/12/meet-the-author-maya-tyler/ and my pre-sale http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00REOM11G. It's an unbelievable feeling. It's beyond words.

I'm completely overwhelmed. I set out to write and publish a book and I did it. Well, as of December 30th, I did it. It's an awesome feeling!

Now, the next step is to promote the heck out of it! Without being the "follow me, buy my book, rate my book with no other interaction" kind of person. There's a fine line between aggressive and annoying. If I've learned anything, I've learned social media is for relationship building not sales. If you're lucky, then your interactions will promote sales volume. It's all about being visible. About letting your target audience get to know you.

Well I have put myself out there. I'm on Facebook, Twitter, and email. I have a blog and a website and I try to contribute regularly to other blogs. I want you to get to know me and (hopefully, eventually once I've won you over with my wit and charm) buy my book. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment