September 12, 2014

New season, new project

It's that time of year again. My boys are back in school... My littlest one started Junior Kindergarten this year. And life changes again. When you think about it, life is always changing, evolving. If you don't change, adapt, you cease to survive.

And how does this relate to writing? I started writing a new story last month, I actually featured the first few paragraphs on this blog, and I am writing it entirely on my iPad. In a couple of days, I have a guest post on The Nuthouse Scribblers describing the evolution of my writing strategy. My current WIP inspired that change.

So I was trying to think of a topic for a blog post in August. We were driving to see friends for the weekend and it was about a four hour drive so I had plenty of time to think about it. I got this story idea in my head and, since I was the passenger, I started writing away on my phone using Blogger. I don't have data, but Blogger still opened to a new post off-line. I worked away for a couple of hours and decided to make what I'd written that week's blog post. Not only that, I was completely motivated to keep going with the story. Voila new project!

Who knows if anything will come of it, but for now I'm having fun. And that's what it's all about! Stay tuned... I may include another exerpt soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment